NeST (Nepalese Society in Trondheim)
Established in 1998, the Nepalese Society in Trondheim is a registered non-profit making voluntary organisation of the Nepalese students residing in Trondheim, Norway. The NeST is a voluntary and non-profit making organization of Nepalese students studying at NTNU and HIST. It has about 80 members, 70 students and about 10 alumni, living in Trondheim (Feb 2013).
By the constitution, members are elected in the Annual General Meeting to form the Executive Committee every year. It has passed more than a decade uniting Nepalese students together, building a rapport with Norwegians and other international students through various kinds of programs like ‘Nepalese Cultural Evening’ and other recreational activities.
Functions and Objectives
- To foster goodwill and friendship amongst Nepalese, Norwegians and other foreigners.
- To provide Nepalese people with necessary informations and publications concerning their mother country.
- To provide information to Norwegians and other foreigners regarding Nepal.
- To participate in programmes which would serve to increase contact and communication to foster interest between the Nepalese and the Norwegian people.
- To incorporate members residing in Trondheim in organising Nepalese and Norwegian national celebrations.
- To safeguard the interests of the members and to provide necessary assistance to members.
The Nepalese Society in Trondheim (NeST)
Organization number.. 997622111
Herman Krags Vei 5-11